Monday, January 21, 2008

Grizzly


Hera gave birth to six beautiful kittens on 3/31/07 and we were adopted by Grizzly about 30 seconds after she could walk.  I have raised more than my fair share of kittens, and while I fall in love with all of them, I try not to get too attached to any of them.  Grizzly decided to test my resolve and everywhere I went she followed.  I found her sleeping in my slippers or under our dog, whenever I would sit down she would crawl up my pant leg and plop into my lap.  When Grizzly was finally ready for adoption I couldn't let her go- and shockingly my husband didn't argue!  Now, nine months later, Grizzly is still small in stature- but she is constantly growing in girth.  I don't think she'll ever be as big or as elegant as her brother, Jasper, but we love her anyway and are so happy to have her in our lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see a picture of Grizzly! She looks beautiful. Jasper is also growing in girth. He loves his treats. I was worried that Jasper would also be small and not grow very much, but was I wrong! He's a big beautiful boy. I can really see the Siamese or maybe Abby in him: his eyes are so crossed! He says thanks for calling him elegant!