Saturday, December 29, 2007

Zoey (AKA angel)


In October of this year, I found Angel on Petfinder. I regularly browsed Petfinder with my kids just to look... but when we came across Zoey (Angel) I couldn't get her out of my mind. I arranged to meet her as soon as possible. When we met I knew she should be part our of family and brought her home with me.
Zoey has a few issues that we are currently dealing with. In November, her left pupil became completely covered by a cataract due to Uvitis. We have just completed oral and topical sterioids with close monitoring by our vet. A check next week will tell us whether the worst is over, or if we need to pursue more medical treatment. Zoey also is not completely housetrained and we are unable to crate train her since she is content soiling her kennel - sooo we are patiently making slow progress.
Zoey has an older sister (also cocker spaniel) Sara Jane who is happy to have companionship again after losing her other companion, Annie Lou, last year.
Catkins is doing wonderful work! Zoey is a momma's girl, her love and affection is helping me through the resent passing of my father. She truly has been a gift from God.

No comments: